- John Middleton's Resume Page -
A Work in Progress
SUMMARY: A seasoned professional and certified PMP with wide ranging experience in project management, Information technology and telecommunications. This broad knowledge coupled with the ability to listen allows me to solve problems or needs as expressed by end-users or prospective customers. A dependable, thorough, and customer-oriented team player who communicates effectively.
Dec 2008 - Apr 2009 US Census Bureau - Gwinnett County, GA
Crew Leader and Recruiting Assistant
Managed 20 hourly workers, who worked out of their homes and charged mileage. Assigned work, monitored progress and approved payroll. A temporary position in preparation for the 2010 Census.
Apr 2008 – Aug 2008 MDI Group – Norcross, GA
Infrastructure Planning & Projects- Project Manager
Contracted to The Coca Cola Company to help with infrastructure projects in their manufacturing space.
· Provided infrastructure support for SAP WM/RF rollout
· Created and maintained project schedules for plants in international locations.
May 1996 – Feb 2008 Verizon -Bell Atlantic Network Integration – Madison Heights, MI
Project Management Group - Project Manager
Managed telecommunication/infrastructure projects at General Motors' facilities. Researched requirements, coordinated logical and physical designs, develop comprehensive bid documents, evaluated bid responses, identified, evaluated and managed risk; then managed and monitored subcontractors’ progress for quality, cost and timeliness.
· Managed installation, termination and testing of single- and multi-mode fiber optic cable, CAT-5e cable, CAT3 cable and coaxial cable for use in LAN, data, voice, security and video. Performed installations in multi-shift plants with no scheduled production time lost.
· Projects included upgrading and installing telecommunication circuits to support campus environments, manufacturing facilities, and warehouses. Those technologies included Frame Relay, ISDN (BRI/PRI), DSL, T1, T3, OC-3 and SONET. Interfaced with local phone switches from Avaya, Octel and Nortel.
· Performed weekend cuts moving entire sites from old network to new. Included IP readdressing with new gateway and mask due to VLAN changes, UNIX /etc/host files updated corporate wide, CA Spool print queues regened, applied new DHCP scope, updated DNS entries corporate wide, moved mainframe connections using Xyplex terminal servers, replaced all wireless clients using Symbol Technology devices. Rebooted all devices and tested for production startup. Coordinated post implementation support and asset tracking. Insured removal of old device and added new ones to network monitoring.
· Developed Cadence Plans for all cutovers that included all work required with assigned resources that were timed to the minute with checkpoints for management verification. Included user acceptance tests, emergency contacts and backout plans.
· For consistency used process based techniques to manage projects covering project planning and tracking; cost estimating, financial management, risk management, resource scheduling, coordinating and monitoring; and issue management during the project life cycle.
· Developed bid documents that covered equipment platforms, infrastructure installation, electronics installation and configuration, migration and local support, based on standards set by GM IS&S.
· Selected to be first PM from a pool of 12 new PMs to manage the project at a plant with highest profit margin in GM, later was requested by name to manage projects at other sites.
· Received Individual Excellence Award in taking the lead in a multi-site project, as acknowledged by customer feedback.
Sep 1995 – Apr 1996 BellSouth Network Solutions (BNS) - Atlanta, GA
Integration Department - Director of Integration and Staging
Technical manager of NOS and Router Engineers. Bid installation and integration jobs, assigned technical personnel and managed staging center. Interviewed and hired technical personnel. Managed the staging and deployment of ISDN and Frame-Relay networks.
· Built world-class staging center designed to support 96 Ethernet and 48 Token Ring connections with ergonomic workflow and anti-static environment. Won the acclaim of Bay Networks and Cisco representatives.
· Managed the configuration, shipment and installation of computer and networking equipment to all Blockbuster Regional offices nationwide in a 4 week period while shutting down the operation of BNS.
Apr 1993 – Jul 1995 Honeywell Allied Data Communications - Norcross, GA
Engineering Department - Senior Network Engineer/Project Leader
Apr 1983 – Mar 1993 Prime Computer, Inc. - Atlanta, GA,
Network Services/PrimeService - Senior Network Analyst
Regional Support Staff/Customer Service – Sr. Software Support Analyst
University of North Florida - Jacksonville, FL, Bach. Business Administration, Accounting major
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, FrontPage, Visio and Project
Lotus Notes, PeopleSoft, HTML 4.0, Intuit’s Quicken
Build, upgrade, repair and tune PC systems
RECENT PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPEMENT:
"Diversity in the Workplace" diploma through Verizon
MCP Workstation 2000
Microsoft Office 2007 Certification Prep Course #5927A
Georgia Certified Work Ready - Gold Certified
U.S. Army - Various locations, Finance Corp. - Staff Sergeant (E6)
Vietnam Veteran, awarded three Good Conduct Medals and two Army Commendation Medals.
Pages last updated 11/05/09